Kildrum Tigers and Drumoghill share the lead in Premier Division

Donegal League action from the weekend

Just two points separate the top six sides in the Donegal League’s Brian McCormick Premier Division.
Kildrum Tigers and Drumoghill FC moved joint top on Sunday after wins over Convoy and Rathmullan respectively.
But they lead by just a point from Glenea United with Rathmullan, Lagan Harps and Kilmacrennan Celtic back on nine points.
In Division One, Donegal Town won again, beating Gweedore United at the Hospital Field. Ballybofey Utd. made it seven wins from seven games in the CT Ball Division when they won at Copany.

Brian McCormick Premier Division
Drumoghill F.C. 3
Rathmullan Celtic 1
Champions Drumoghill maintained their unbeaten start to the defence of their title with this hard earned victory over an impressive Rathmullan Celtic.
The game was in the balance right up until Pajo Rafferty’s brilliant strike from an 89th minute counter attack.
This was an even affair throughout, but Drumoghill had the killer instinct on the day and that was ultimately the difference between the sides.
Chris Malseed opened the scoring for Drumoghill on 18 minutes when he evaded the challenges of David Fisher and Shaun Patton to drive the ball beyond Black. The lead though was short lived with full back David Millar heading past McCauley a few minutes later to leave the scores level at the break.
The second half was end to end as both teams went in search of the goal that looked likely to be decisive. The home side got that goal when the impressive Malseed sent Liam O’Donnell through on the inside right channel and his cross found Ritchie Moore who made no mistake from 18 yards.
Darragh Patton came closest to equalising for Rathmullan when his 30 yard free kick came back off the crossbar although Eoin Sheridan will be disappointed not to have equalised from the rebound.

Glenea United 2
Lagan Harps 2
The home side started brightly and went close on a couple of occasions. They had to wait however, until the 30th minute when the visiting defence failed to deal with Eamonn Cannon’s i swinging free-kick and Dean Mc Carry was able to force the ball home from close range.
Glenea continued to press and forced the Lagan keeper into a couple of good saves. Lagan got level on 43 minutes when a long ball found Gavin Mc Glanaghey and he slotted home from a tight angle.
In the 2nd half Glenea started well and regained the lead on 60 minutes when Eamonn Cannon’s through ball found Ciaran Mc Geady and he slotted home from close range. Lagan were then thrown a lifeline on 85 minutes when they were awarded a penalty which they converted.
Referee: Kevin Logue.

Castlefin Celtic 1
St. Catherines 1
In a game with few chances a draw was a fair outcome.
In the first half the visitors looked dangerous on the break and Brendan Maguire blazed over after he found space on the left.
The hosts started the brighter in the second half and in the 60th minute they took the lead when Emmett White played Ronan Tourish down the right. He squared to Malley who smashed home.
In the 80th minute St Catherines drew level when Dan Breslin poked home after a cross from the right. Castlefin had a chance to win it when White hit the outside of the post in the 85th minute after a Stephen Roulston cross from the left.
Best for Castlefin: Peter Bryson and Simon Mc Glinchey. Best for St.Catherines: Michael Mullin
Referee: Paddy Duffy.

Temple Domestic Appliances Div One

Keadue Rovers 6
Glenree United 0
Keadue took the lead on 17 minutes when a penalty was awarded for handball and Corey Gallagher converted. Just four minutes later a free from just inside his own half saw Jack O’Brien float the ball straight to the corner of the net.
Glenree came out and did well creating a few openings of their own and the game was very open. However, it was 3-0 to the home team on 37 minutes when good work from Sean Yank Boyle led to Conor Greene firing home from close range.
Second half goals from Conor Greene (2) and Corey Gallagher rounded off the win.
Referee: Liam Mc Conigley.

Donegal Town 5
Gweedore United 1
Donegal Town went ahead on 15 minutes when Daniel McHugh ran through and scored.
McHugh doubled the lead on 35 minutes when he slotted home after the Gweedore keeper parried a shot into his path. Gweedore applied the pressure and got one back early in the second half through Ciaran Mc Fadden.
Donegal regained their two goal lead 3 minutes later when Stephen Curneen latched onto a through ball and finished well.
Ben Sweeney made it 4-1 on 70 minutes with a fine goal. With just minutes remaining Donegal scored their fifth when sub Gary Ward put in a fine cross for Ted Bustard to head home.#
Referee: Barry Hunter

Cappry Rovers 3
Raphoe Town 2
Brendan Mc Laughlin opened the scoring for Cappry in the14th minute when he scored with a shot past the diving keeper. Cappry scored again in the 26th minute when Stephen Carr won the ball and he lifted it over the advancing keeper. Aaron Kelly made it three for Cappry in the 42nd minute when he drilled a low shot to the corner of the net.
Raphoe went on the attack in the second half in search of a quick goal and they were rewarded in the 56th minute when they were awarded a penalty following an infringement and Ryan McCullagh scored from the spot.
Raphoe reduced the deficit further when D.J Kelly scored after he beat the offside trap to score from close range.
Darren O’Leary, Stephen Carr and Gerald Melaugh were best for Cappry. Seamus Bogle and David Craig were best for Raphoe.
Referee: Paddy Martin.

Deele Harps 0
Gweedore Celtic 5
Deele’s game plan went out the window as early as the 1st minute when Colm Ferry gave the visitors the lead.
Deele were playing the better football throughout and Jordan Duffy hit the bar and Brian Breslin had a strong penalty decision waved away but the Gweedore side took their chances following mistakes at the rear and further goals from Colm Ferry and Odhran Mac Niallais left it 3-0 the break.
That’s how the game stayed until 85 minutes despite Deele's constant pressure and Tom Mullan had two good chances but Sweeney did well in goals.
Two late goals from Mac Niallais and Ferry rounded off the win.

CT Ball Division Two
Whitestrand United 5
Curragh Athletic 0
On a cold frosty afternoon Whitestrand United took on Curragh Athletic at Mc Garvey Park. Whitestrand made a quick start when they capitalised on a kick out from Curragh and Kevin Loughrey scored after 3 minutes.
Shane Mc Glade scored from a good cut back to make it two nil after a period of domination on 24 minutes. The third goal came from a good finish from Liam O’ Riordan. The fourth goal came when Matthew Gallagher hit a ball over the top and Mc Glade broke through to score his second of the game and left Whitestrand 4-0 up at half time.
The second half started with Whitestrand on the front foot. The main talking point was when the referee sent off two Whitestrand players and one Curragh player following an incident.
The final goal came when Sean Martin headed home from a good cross.
Best for Whitestrand were Martin Gallagher and Shane Mc Glade
Referee: Dessie McLaughlin

Lifford Celtic 1
Letterbarrow 0
Lifford had a great chance on 5 minutes when striker Connolly was sent clear by Kevin Mc Brearty but a Letterbarrow defender got a last gasp challenge in before he could get the shot away.
Lifford dominated the ball and created a few decent chances but a combination of great defending and poor finishing kept the game level. Letterbarrow were proving to be dangerous on the counter attack and Lifford’s defence were kept on their toes throughout.
Lifford upped their game in the second half and were playing some great football, creating chances for Connolly, Mc Brearty, Gethins and Porter but somehow the ball wouldn't go in for the home team.
Mahon and Mc Brearty were in fine form in the middle of the park and eventually the breakthrough came when Mc Brearty opened up the Letterbarrow defence with a pass and Connolly raced clear to finish into the bottom corner.
The game finished 1-0 to Lifford for another valuable three points. Declan Lafferty and Mark Carlin were best for Lifford. Letterbarrow’s goalkeeper also had a fine day.

Saturday League

Fintown Harps missed the chance to go joint top of the Glencar Inn Saturday Division when they drew 2-2 at Dunlewely Celtic.
With the Arrranmore Utd v Orchard FC fixture postponed, Fintown could have joined leaders Orchard level on points.
However, they had to settle for a point with their goals in the 2-2 draw at Dunlewey scored by Keelan McMonagle and Oran McDevitt.
Shaun McClafferty scored both goals for Dunlewey.
The other game between Drumbar Utd and Strand Rovers also finished 2-2.
Strand were 2-0 up with both goals from Paddy Glackin.
However, Drumbar fought back to earn a point thanks to a brace from Ray Balougan.
In the Reserve Division, there were only two games played.
Glenea United went top of the table with a 5-2 victory over Erne Wanderers. Goals from Martin Ferry and Chris Cannon put Glenea 2-0 up at the break.
Ferry scored again in the second half while the other goals were scored by Michael McClafferty and Conor McClafferty.
In the other game, St. Catherine's were 4-0 winners over Glenree Utd. Charlie Boyle opened the scoring after half time. Further goals came from Conor Knox, Brandon McBrearty and JJ McGinley.

If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email To contact Donegal Post, email To contact Inish Times, email

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.