A total of 31 new cases of Covid-19 in Co. Donegal have been reported by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today.
As of midnight Saturday 3rd October, the HPSC has been notified of 364 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 38,032 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
· 100 cases are in Dublin, 55 in Cork, 31 in Donegal, 24 in Limerick, 23 in Galway,17 in Clare, 14 in Sligo, 13 in Roscommon, 10 in Kerry, 8 in Tipperary, 8 in Wicklow, 7 in Kildare, 6 in Kilkenny, 6 in Offaly, 5 in Cavan, 5 in Mayo, 5 in Meath, with the remaining 27 cases in 9 counties.
· 195 are men / 168 are women
· 74% are under 45 years of age
· 27% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
· 42 cases have been identified as community transmission
There has now been a total of 1,810 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. There have been no new deaths in the last 24 hour period.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email firstname.lastname@example.org To contact Donegal Post, email email@example.com To contact Inish Times, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.