Search

18 Feb 2026

Moville man faces up to ten years in prison on serious drugs charges, court told

Solicitor Patsy Gallagher applied for legal aid for two barristers. He said his client could face 'a possible ten-year sentence, given the value' of the cannabis involved

Moville man faces up to ten years in prison on serious drugs charges, court told

Moville man Tyler McHenry (26) is facing serious drugs charges. (Photo by North West Newspix)

A Moville man on serious drugs charges could face up to ten years in prison, an Inishowen court sitting has heard.

Tyler McHenry, of 6 Foyleview Crescent, Moville, appeared before Buncrana District Court for service of the Book of Evidence, which includes four separate drugs charges.

The 26-year-old defendant will now face trial at Letterkenny Circuit Court later this year.

Mr McHenry is charged with having cannabis worth €13,000 or more in his possession for sale or supply, contrary to Section 15A of the Misuse of Drugs Act.

He is further accused of another count of having cannabis for sale or supply, as well as two counts of possession of drugs, contrary to Section 3.

The charges follow a search of his address at Foyleview Crescent, Moville on November 28, 2024.

Gardai gave evidence of arrest, charge and caution in court, with Mr McHenry replying ‘yes’ and ‘okay’ to the charges.

Sgt Conor Mulkerns outlined how the Director of Public Prosecutions consents to the accused being sent forward for trial to the present sitting of Letterkenny Circuit Court on charges 1 to 4 in the statement of charges in the Book of Evidence.

Judge Emile Daly noted that the Book of Evidence had been served before giving the defendant the ‘alibi warning’, which means that he is required to give written notice to the State Solicitor within fourteen days if he intends to rely on an alibi as part of his defence.

“I’m now making an order returning you for trial by judge and jury to Letterkenny Circuit Court,” the judge explained to Mr McHenry.

READ NEXT: Drunk man was walking in road with a bottle of wine in his hand

The judge made a Section 56 order, directing that all copies of Garda video interviews be shared with the defence.

Defence solicitor Patsy Gallagher applied for legal aid for two barristers. He said Mr McHenry could face “a possible ten-year sentence, given the value” of the drugs involved.

The Moville man was released on continuing bail, signing a bail bond before leaving the courtroom.

Meanwhile, Mr McHenry’s case was mentioned at Letterkenny Circuit Court. Judge John Aylmer made a Section 15 order and a witness and exhibits order, and the case was adjourned to the next session of the Circuit Court in May.

To continue reading this article,
please subscribe and support local journalism!


Subscribing will allow you access to all of our premium content and archived articles.

Subscribe

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.