No more All-Ireland tickets for Donegal

- Mixed reaction to imposing of extra five euro charge on ticket

- Mixed reaction to imposing of extra five euro charge on ticket

Donegal will receive no further allocation of tickets for next Sunday’s All-Ireland final showdown with Mayo in Croke Park.

This was confirmed to the Democrat/Peoples Press by Donegal GAA secretary Aodh Mairtin O’Fearraigh on Sunday night. He said there will be no further allocation despite the fact that the county had made a request to Croke Park for more tickets.

“We will be receiving no more tickets from Croke Park. We made a request last week after coming under pressure for more tickets.

“However, we have been told we have received our allocation and there will be no further allocation,”said the secretary.

Mr. O’Fearraigh said another 200 hundred tickets would make a big difference and alleviate a lot of pressure.

However, the decision not to allocate more tickets means Donegal are going to have to do with their original allocation of 14,715 tickets, 12,362 of which were distributed to the county’s 39 clubs over the weekend.

Read more in today’s Donegal Democrat and Donegal People’s Press.

If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email editorial@donegaldemocrat.ie To contact Donegal Post, email editor@donegalpost.com To contact Inish Times, email editor@inishtimes.com.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.