One third of quarries here considered “unauthorised”

Almost one-third of listed quarries in Donegal would be considered unauthorised under new Department of Environment legislation and will likely face enforcement proceedings.

Almost one-third of listed quarries in Donegal would be considered unauthorised under new Department of Environment legislation and will likely face enforcement proceedings.

At the September Letterkenny Electoral Area meeting Conall McGettigan, area manager for planning enforcement with the council, said quarries with planning permission do not come under the new legislation. Quarries had been asked to register in 2004-2005. “It is only to put controls on those that have no permission,” he said.

For more on this story see Monday’s Donegal Democrat/Donegal People’s Press.

If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email editorial@donegaldemocrat.ie To contact Donegal Post, email editor@donegalpost.com To contact Inish Times, email editor@inishtimes.com.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.