The Ballintra man who was airlifted to a Dublin hospital after suffering severe burns has died.
Ambulance paramedics asked for the Sligo 118 helicopter after the man, who was in his 60s, was burned in an incident involving petrol and a fire at his home at around 8pm last night.
Despite the best efforts of medical staff at the Severe Burns unit in St James’s Hospital, he passed away during the course of the night.
Gardaí are not seeking anyone else in relation to the incident.
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email email@example.com To contact Donegal Post, email firstname.lastname@example.org To contact Inish Times, email email@example.com.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.