Gas believed to be the cause of explosion at a house in Donegal

A man and a woman were in the house at the time

Father and daughter rescued in Donegal house fire

It is believed gas was the cause of an explosion at a house which left one person injured this morning.

A man was injured in the explosion which occurred at a two-story detached house at Gortaquigley near Raphoe.

A fire appliance from Stranorlar and another from Strabane were alerted to the incident at 9.55am.

A man and a woman were in the house at the time and the male suffered what are believed to be minor injuries.

Donegal Chief Fire Officer Joseph McTaggart said it is believed gas was the cause of the explosion.

“It is believed it was an explosion. The precise cause is not certain but it is suspected at this stage that it may be gas,” he said.

If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email editorial@donegaldemocrat.ie To contact Donegal Post, email editor@donegalpost.com To contact Inish Times, email editor@inishtimes.com.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.