Yummy Summer Banana & Strawberry Milkshake - a great healthy milkshake recipe for kids
A warm welcome to new Donegal Democrat food columnist Peter Campbell.
Peter, a professional chef, trained in Killybegs and has worked in the restaurant industry for over 20 years from establishments like the K Club, Bang Cafe to more recently as Head Chef in the Village Tavern Mountcharles, and now offering Outside Catering for all your events offering a wide variety of excellent local produce.
He tailors his menus to suit your event providing a hassle free experience for you and your guests.
Over the past few weeks, we have been featuring Peter's 'What's Cooking' column in the pages of the Donegal Democrat. And we're delighted to bring you this week's column to our website. Happy cooking!
This week we are going to look at getting the kids active in the kitchen and then next week ahead of the bank holiday we will suggest Picnic hamper ideas.
Here are some easy kids lunch ideas where you can get them active in the kitchen help preparing Easy Quesadillas and Summer Milk Shake, they will devour them up!
Easy Peasy Quesadillas
* Soft flour tortilla
* 30g thinly sliced cured ham
* 60g grated cheese
* 1 spring onion, finely sliced
* Few fresh coriander leaves
* 1 tsp olive oil (not extra-virgin)
* Jar of salsa of your choice, for serving
1. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Place the tortilla wrap on the counter in front of you and cover with the ham.
3. Over 1/2 only, sprinkle the grated cheese and the chopped spring onion. Scatter over the coriander leaves.
4. Carefully fold the tortilla wrap in half, that's to say, fold the untopped half over the cheese so you have a fat half moon.
5. Lift this is up carefully and brush each side with the oil before putting it on the hot griddle pan or under a hot grill for a minute each side.
6. Using a fish slice, transfer the tortilla to a board or plate and cut into 3 triangles. Eat with some salsa on the side.
You can add any mix of fillings
Yummy Summer Banana & Strawberry Milkshake
This is a great healthy milkshake recipe kids can whizz up quickly and really enjoy
* 200mls Full Milk
* 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
* Half a dozen fresh strawberries
* 1 banana
Add all ingredients into a nutri bullet or food processor and blitz until nice and smooth. Pour into your glass and top with fresh cream, sprinkles, a strawberry and enjoy!
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email firstname.lastname@example.org To contact Donegal Post, email email@example.com To contact Inish Times, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.