The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that a total of 25 people with COVID-19 have died.
There have now been a total of 1,286 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of 11 am, today, the HPSC has been notified of 343 new confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There is now a total of 21,176 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
Meanwhile, according to the HPSC, as of midnight, Thursday 30 April (20,742 cases), the following update was:
· 58% are female and 42% are male
· the median age of confirmed cases is 49 years
· 2,785 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 368 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 5,973 cases are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 10,277 (50% of all cases) followed by Kildare with 1,226 cases (6%) and then Cork with 1,156 cases (6%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 63%, close contact accounts for 34%, travel abroad accounts for 3%
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email email@example.com To contact Donegal Post, email firstname.lastname@example.org To contact Inish Times, email email@example.com.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.