The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that one more person with COVID-19 has sadly died in the Republic of Ireland.
This is down from nine additional deaths in the previous 24 hour reporting period.
There have now been a total 1,679 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
The number of new additional cases is 25, compared with 24 for the previous day.
There is now a total of 25,201 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 5 June (25,176 cases), reveals:
· 57% are female and 43% are male
· the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
· 3,321 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 409 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 8,057 cases are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 12,139 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,529 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,428 cases (6%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 39%, close contact accounts for 59%, travel abroad accounts for 2%
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email firstname.lastname@example.org To contact Donegal Post, email email@example.com To contact Inish Times, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.