Rathmullan Celtic's victory puts them top of the table

Erne Wanderers continue good start to their campaign

Rathmullan Celtic's victory puts them top of the table

It's three wins from three for Rathmullan Celtic and they now top the Premier Division table after the weekend's games.

Rathmullan enjoyed a 5-1 win over Convoy Arsenal to go out on their own at the top of the table.

In Division One, Erne Wanderers lead the way after their win over Glenree United.

Brian Mc Cormick Premier Division

Kildrum Tigers 2

Kilmacrennan Celtic 0

Played in perfect conditions at Station Road Park both teams started well in a contest that was played at 100mph.

Oran Higgins was brought down in the box in the 42nd minute but William Lynch missed the resulting penalty.

Kildrum started the second half with great intent but missed glaring opportunities through Higgins, Carlin and Lynch. The deadlock was finally broken through James Melly who deceived everyone with a free kick that floated into the top corner.

Kilmac pushed hard and had a few chances to level the game but the Tigers defended well. Kildrum sealed the game through William Lynch late on.

Castlefin Celtic 2

Glenea United 3

Glenea recorded an impressive away victory over Castlefin in Parkview on Sunday. The visitors started the brighter and scored within two minutes when Lee O’ Brien rifled home from 25 yards.

The hosts responded almost immediately when JP Malley headed home a Barry Tourish cross from the right.

Both sides exchanged chances, Ian Ward broke clear for the hosts but his shot went narrowly wide. Ryan Mc Fadden then had a volley but it crashed off the crossbar.

In the second half there was little between the two sides but then Glenea took the lead in the 60th minute when a free from the left was headed down by Darren Mc Geever and Kevin Mulhern tapped home at the back post.

The hosts began to press but were caught on the break when Mulhern played through Aodhan Ferry who finished well from 12 yards in the 70th minute. The home side pulled a goal back when an Emmett White free kick was headed home by Malley.

Best for Castlefin: Damien Mc Anenny. Best for Glenea: Kevin Mulhern.

Referee: Patrick Martin

Rathmullan Celtic 5

Convoy Arsenal 1

Rathmullan player-boss Dara Patton helped himself to another brace while Paddy Sheridan, David Fisher and skipper Eoin Sheridan also got their names on the scoresheet.

Ryan Carlin found the net for Convoy in the final minute of the contest.

There was little in an even tussle for 45 minutes, with Patton's goal separating the teams at the break. The Hoops striker got the opener on 25 minutes when he shot past Chris O'Donnell.

Convoy had the aid of a strong breeze in the first half but they weren’t able to level matters, despite some promising attacking play from full-back Emmett McNulty.

Rathmullan started brightly after the break and Paddy Sheridan got his first of the season with a typical set-piece. He curled a left-footed effort from the right wing and it was the proverbial goalkeeper's nightmare. No one got a touch and it went straight in at the back post.

Just after the hour, recent signing David Fisher capped an impressive display with his first goal in the Hoops. His right-foot shot from 30-yards found the bottom corner of the Convoy net.

Convoy tried hard to get back into the game and missed a golden chance on 65 minutes when James Key headed over from six-yards following Anthony Boyle's whipped corner. That miss was to prove costly as Patton soon made it four at the other end. With three minutes left skipper Eoin Sheridan got his goal to round off the win.

Convoy got their goal in the final minute when Carlin made the most of a chance presented to him, curling a super finish around Mark Gallagher into the bottom corner.

Temple Domestic Appliances Div. One

Erne Wanderers 2

Glenree United 1

Erne were far from their best and wasted a lorry load of chances to win comfortably and in the end were just happy to hear the final whistle.

Glenree took the lead on two minutes when a harmless cross evaded everyone and the Erne right back unfortunately headed into his own net.

Wanderers equalised on the half hour mark when Mark Dorrian tapped home from two yards after a scramble from a Phillip Patton corner.

David Dolan put the homesters ahead on 41 minutes when he latched onto David Dorrian’s through ball and finished well past Cunningham in nets.

Erne had all the possession in the second half but couldn’t put United away and in the end were under pressure but did well to see out the game and gain three precious points.

Referee: Andrew Mullin.

Gweedore United 1

Bonagee United 2

This game reversed to Carrickboyle saw the visitors go home with all three points.

Chances were few and far between with both defences doing well. The home side had two good chances through Niall Friel and Darren Ferry however, John Carr in the Bonagee nets did well on each occasion.

Bonagee's only chance in the first half came in the 38th minute and Austin Marron made no mistake beating Michael Carroll with a shot from 10 yards.

Gweedore nearly pulled one back in the 45th minute when Shane O Donnell's excellent free kick rattled the crossbar.

Bonagee made it 2-0 in the 62nd minute when Kevin Kelly's free kick deceived the defence and keeper to roll into the bottom corner. Gweedore pulled one back in the 84th minute with an excellent finish from John Mc Fadden after good work from Gary Mc Fadden.

Keadue Rovers 0

Raphoe Town 1

Raphoe Town went away from Central Park with full points after a hard fought and deserved win over Keadue Rovers.

It was Raphoe who were slightly better in the opening exchanges although overall it was quite scrappy.

The only goal of the game came on forty eight minutes when Raphoe were awarded a penalty for a mistimed tackle in the box. Christy Bogle made no mistake with the spot kick.

Best for Keadue were Hugh Moy and Sean Yank Boyle while best for Raphoe were Oliver Quinn and Christy Bogle.

Referee: Liam McLaughlin.

Donegal Town 4

Gweedore Celtic 0

Donegal dominated Gweedore from the start without making very many chances until Joe McIntyre stepped up after 30 minutes with a wonderful goal.

Donegal continued to dominate and went two ahead on the stroke of half time, Benny Byrne converting from an Eoin Slevin corner.

The second half was a more even contest with both teams playing good football and creating chances. Donegal put the game out of sight on 35 minutes, David Graham scoring after a rebound from a Joe McIntyre shot. Dermot Mc Cafferty made a great save with five minutes to go to deny Gweedore a consolation. Donegal completed the scoring in the last minute when David Graham broke down the right and delivered a great cross for Benny Byrne to bag a brace.

Deele Harps 0

Cappry Rovers 3

Cappry started well and piled on the pressure which paid off on 20 minutes when an unchallenged cross from the left picked out Paddy McNulty who headed home.

Soon after Deele conceded again when Calvin Bradley evaded two Deele tackles and fired home a great strike from 20 yards.

As Deele were beginning to threaten the visitors delivered the sucker punch on 44 minutes when some hesitant defending from Deele let Bradley in and he needs no invitation and he lobbed home from a tight angle.

Referee: Martin Mc Anenny.

CT Ball Division Two

Dunkineely Celtic 4

Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. 1

Dunkineely started very briskly and were one up after only two minutes through Conor Shovlin. Kerrykeel couldn't get into the game and before they knew it they were two down after seven minutes when Cian Kennedy latched onto a good ball from Andrew Mackey and it was Mackey who got number three in the 10th minute from a good cross from Conor Shovlin.

Paul Murrin struck for number four in the 75 minute before Conor Mc Gonigle struck in injury time for Kerrykeel .

Referee: Ed Moore.

Copany Rovers 1

Curragh Athletic 2

This match between two evenly matched sides was played under the lights at the New Camp Complex on Friday night. Curragh Athletic went ahead on seventeen minutes when Tim Callaghan ghosted in undetected at the back post to score.

Ten minutes into the second half and Curragh got their second when Renato scored from a free kick.

With eight minutes remaining Copany were awarded a penalty and Pauric Rooney converted to give his side a fighting chance in the closing minutes.

Ballybofey United 6

Eany Celtic 0

Brian Lafferty Jnr. opened the scoring for the Finnsiders and a brace from Damien Glackin backed up by a Mark Griffin strike meant that the home side held a healthy four goal advantage at the interval.

Former Finn Harps man Neil Lloyd added Ballybofey’s fifth goal in the second half before Griffin was again on target to wrap up the points. This result sees Ballybofey United continue their solid start to the new season under newly installed manager Brian Lafferty Snr.

Drumkeen United 3

Letterbarrow Celtic 3

Niall Bonner put the home team ahead with a headed goal after about ten minutes but the lead was short lived as Alex McNelis equalised almost immediately for Letterbarrow.

Bonner made it 2-1 to Drumkeen before Peter McNamee added a third goal for Drumkeen before half time when he turned and fired home a great shot from 20 Yards.

Despite the fact that they were behind for a long spell the visitors were still in the game and as we entered the last 15 minutes they had a good spell during which they got a foothold in the game and pulled a goal back through Nathan Carr and shortly after that Gerard Mc Brearty got the equaliser.

Great team efforts from both teams in a hard fought contest in what will be a very tough league this season.

Referee: Brian O’ Kane

If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email editorial@donegaldemocrat.ie To contact Donegal Post, email editor@donegalpost.com To contact Inish Times, email editor@inishtimes.com.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.