A woman has appeared at a court in County Donegal on three charges relating to alleged neglect of minors.
The defendant is charged that on dates up to and including March 12 1990, being a person having care of a child, did wilfully assault, ill-treat, neglect, abandon, expose the said child or cause, procure or allow the said child to be assaulted/ill-treated/neglected, abandoned/exposed in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering/injury to the child’s health or seriously affect his/her well-being, contrary to section 246 (1) and (2) of the Children Act.
The defendant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is facing two more identical charges.
The court was told that the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) directed trial on indictment
The court ruled that nothing be published that would identify the alleged victims or the defendant.
A Garda gave evidence of the arrest charge and caution of the defendant earlier this week. The defendant made no reply to the charges.
The defendant was released on bail to appear again on April 12. The court was told that time was being extended for service of a book of evidence.
Judge Alan Mitchell released the defendant on bail on condition that she be of good behaviour, live at a stated address, notify Gardai of any change of address, and have no direct or indirect contact with the alleged injured parties except through a named agency.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.