Ireland's Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan has stated that the next seven days are paramount for the containment of Covid-19 in Donegal and around the country.
Holohan has urged people to flatten the curve by following these steps:
1. Reduce your social contacts – see only a handful of people in your network.
2. Distance yourself 2 metres from people in shops & supermarkets.
3. Stop shaking hands or hugging when you say hello.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
5. Wash your hands regularly and practice cough and sneeze hygiene.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
7. Check on your vulnerable family members and neighbours.
8. Work from home where possible.
The next 7 days are vital. Now is the time to #FlattenTheCurve.— Dr Tony Holohan (@CMOIreland) March 16, 2020
Every one of us must play our part;
1. Reduce your social contacts – see only a handful of people in your network
2. Distance yourself 2 metres from people in shops & supermarkets #COVID19 #SocialDistancing pic.twitter.com/XlhusMYfiP
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email firstname.lastname@example.org To contact Donegal Post, email email@example.com To contact Inish Times, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.