Drumoghill and Milford are the big winners in Premier

Convoy Arsenal defeat Lagan Harps in Division One

Drumoghill and Milford are the big winners in Premier

It looks like it could be a two horse race for Premier Division honours following the latest round of games in the Donegal League.

Both Milford United and Drumoghill FC recorded impressive away wins yesterday.

Milford won 3-2 at Rathmullan while Drumoghill won at Glenea.

St. Catherine's went down to a 3-2 defeat at home to Kilmacrennan Celtic.

In the First Division, Convoy Arsenal came out on top in their top of the table clash with Lagan Harps.

Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier Division

Kildrum Tigers 2

Cappry Rovers 1

Kildrum took all three points from a scrappy affair on a lovely spring day at Station Road.

Both teams tried hard in the opening half hour but the deadlock wasn't broken until 41minutes when Reece Laird cooly slotted home after great play on the right hand side.

The Tigers doubled their lead on 52 minutes when Laird latched onto a loose ball to get his second of the game.

Cappry pushed hard and pulled one back after an OG from Shane McIntyre. Laird could have wrapped the game up and got his hat-trick but he failed to convert from the penalty spot.

Glenea United 0

Drumoghill F.C. 1

Liam O’ Donnell’s 26th minute goal was enough to see Drumoghill F.C. retain their lead at the top of the Brian Mc Cormick Premier Division.

They faced a possible banana skin as they set out for Glasserchoo to face Glenea United who seldom allow points to leave Mc Gettigan Park unearned.

In a tight opening it was Joe Coll who had to make a couple of good saves to keep the teams level. As the half progressed the home side came more into the game and began to create a couple of openings for themselves.

Drumoghill opened the scoring on 25 minutes when a wayward shot fell to Liam O’Donnell and he slotted home.

In the 2nd half the home side started well and went close to equalising when Ciaran Mc Geady just failed to connect with an Eamonn McHugh cross and later Lee O’Brien had his shot well saved after good work by Christopher Cannon.

As the home side pushed on Drumoghill tried to play on the break and went close from a couple of corners.

However in the end Glenea were unable to pull back the important goal.

Best for Glenea were John Harley and Lee O’Brien,

Referee: Kevin Logue.

Temple Domestic Appliances Div One

Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. 2

Keadue Rovers 4

Keadue took the lead on ten minutes when Sean Boyle scored a header from a corner.

Kerrykeel responded well and were level five minutes later when a Niall Doherty free kick came back off the crossbar and Brian McBride was on hand to fire home.

The second half was end to end stuff but it was Keadue who went in front on 65 minutes when Ryan Green slotted home after good work by Corey Gallagher.

Keadue won a penalty on 84 minutes to put them 3-1 up. With Kerrykeel pushing Keadue caught them on the break with a fourth goal scored by Breslin.

Kerrykeel got one back on 90 minutes with Shaun Patton scoring from close range after great work by Michael Mc Devitt.

Referee: Dessie Mc Laughlin

Raphoe Town 5

Bonagee United 2

Raphoe welcomed Bonagee to a dry but cold Deele College Grounds on what was a perfect day for football.

Oliver Quinn scored a spectacular opener for Raphoe and they got a second when the superb Frankie Mc Brearty set up David Craig to score.

Jamie Gallagher crossed for Christy Bogle to make it 3-0 and Gallagher was brought down for a penalty which was converted by Frankie McBrearty.

Raphoe thought that this game was over but Bonagee had other ideas and started the second half on top and pulled a goal back from a corner. Five minutes later they scored again when Mc Monagle scored a great goal into the top corner.

Raphoe put the game to bed when David Craig scored on the break.

Referee: Paddy Duffy.

Convoy Arsenal 3

Lagan Harps 0

The home side got off to a dream start when they took the lead in the fifth minute when James Kee swept home from inside the box.

The second half started almost identical to the first when Convoy scored again. It was Ryan Carlin who volleyed the ball home after some brilliant work by Marty Vance down the left wing.

The two goal lead was in danger almost straight away as Lagan were awarded a penalty with their next attack. Thankfully for Convoy the crossbar came to the rescue

Lagan made a few changes to try and get back into the game but it was Convoy who got the next goal as Johnny Robb released Darren Harvey who cooly rounded the keeper and slotted the ball home.

Referee: Mick Lagan

Lifford Celtic 2

Gweedore United 2

Lifford went ahead on 20 minutes after neat one touch play involving Carlin, Gethins and Hamilton sent midfielder McNamee racing clear and he finished expertly over the advancing goalkeeper.

Gweedore's hard work was rewarded when they drew level before the break.

Lifford regained the lead when young striker Kelly hit a fine shot into the bottom corner after a great ball from Gethins. Gweedore drew level soon after from a free.

Best for Lifford were McNamee, Gethins and Kelly. It was a good solid team performance from Gweedore

If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Live editorial team any time. To contact Donegal Democrat and Donegal People's Press, email editorial@donegaldemocrat.ie To contact Donegal Post, email editor@donegalpost.com To contact Inish Times, email editor@inishtimes.com.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.